Friday, January 15, 2016

Kadi Pakoda

                         This food had been a simple favourite of Hubbo when I was in my vacation period(meaning at my native). He kept telling me that he liked this new dish. Initially, I was quite reluctant due to previous experiences with kadi pakoda but finally, I decided that I had to give it a try and it was worth it. It is  an extremely simple recipe and takes minimum time. My brother-in-law even asked me for this recipe so that he can cook it sometime. Here you go...
                        

Ingredients:

Onion- 1 large
Besan(Gram flour) - 1/2 cup
Ginger - 2 tbsps (crushed)
Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
Kasoori methi- 2-3 tbsps
Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds- 1 tsp
Curd- 2 cups
Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Dry red chillies- 2
Baking soda- A pinch
Hing- A pinch
Chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
Salt- As required
Oil- As required
Coriander leaves- For garnishing


Lighting the stove:

First, finely chop onion.  Mix salt, green chillies, half of crushed ginger, 2 tbps kasoori methi, 1/2 cup of besan, baking soda, 1 tbsp of oil  and some water with the onions. The batter should have a consistency of dosa batter.

Drop the batter into medium hot oil and fry till they are golden brown. ( You can use these pakodas a it is also. They make a great snack. I always get tempted to finish them off before I can make the curry ;))



Now, mix 1/2 tsp of salt, curd, turmeric powder and 2-3 tbsps of besan with waterand make slightly thin gravy.

Heat oil in a kardhai, add cumin and fenugreek seeds and let them crackle.

Now, add hing, crushed ginger and dry red chillies and fry forabout 5-10 seconds.

Pour all the mixed gravy(with curd) earlier and let it boil for 2 minutes. 

Add little red chilli powder and some kasoori methi now. 

Finally, add the fried pakodas(fritters) and boil for 1 min.  

Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and remove from heat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment