Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Chilli yoghurt mushroom

Hello... I realized that i don't post my food recipes here mainly because it does take a lot of time and patience to actually take all the step by step pictures. So, I am gonna try a different approach this time and see if that helps me stay more regular. I will just post the final picture and any other in-between pics if I have, but but but i will post all the step-by-step pics for any recipes that you request for. It might take me a bit of time, so an advance Thank you for your patience. 😊

On to the recipe now - >


The other day, I came across a book called Curries in the library. The recipe that struck me the most was the Chilli Yoghurt Mushroom. Thought of trying it out, but was busy with few other books. Finally, when I felt like giving a little rest to my mind, I picked up this book and the recipe I tried out first was this one.

Heat oil or ghee in a pan, add 1 cubed onion and fry till they are golden.
Add 2 chopped green chillies too and add 1/2 tsp of ginger-garlic paste.
Fry well and then add 3 small chopped tomatoes. Fry them well.

Now, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder and fry nicely for 1 min.
Add 200g mushrooms cut into 4 pieces each. Cover and cook on low flame for 5 min.
When mushrooms are soft, open the cover and cook on medium flame for 2 min.
Then, bring the pan down from flame and pour curd beaten with 1/2 tsp cornflour.
Mix nicely and put back on low flame. Add some pepper powder and salt.
I added some Amul fresh cream at last. You can skip this also if you don't want it real creamy.
Sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.

I guess this would taste best with roti, paratha, poori but we just had it with zeera coriander rice and it tasted yum. Hubbo gave 9/10. We gobbled up the food so fast that it seemed as if we were on some food eating competition.

Source: Curries(Book by Parragon Books- Love Food)

No comments:

Post a Comment