Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Tawa Egg Fry


When I made this for the first time I was searching for a recipe that is good to eat as a side dish, can be cooked without any careful preparation, and also be ready in 10 mins. After searching around for some time, I decided to let my hands do all the creativity and put my mind to rest. So, here is the product created by my hands, leaving my mind mostly unused. Lol...


Chop 6 boiled eggs in 4-6 pieces lengthwise (yes, with the yolk, unless you are health conscious and want to skip it, or just don't like the taste if it. In that case, remove it away as much as you like)
Now, heat oil in a iron tawa(again yes, directly on the tawa that you make roti on. Nonstick tawa might not be a good idea for this). Add 2 large sliced onions and fry for 2 mins.
Then, add 1/2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste,  2 chopped green chillies, salt and mix well.
Add thinly sliced tomatoes to the tawa and fry on high heat. You can sprinkle water at intervals if you want to keep it slightly moist.



Once the tomatoes are mushy, add chopped eggs, turmeric powder, curry powder, chilli powder, tandoori masala powder(optional) and salt. Mix well.
Now, add 2-3 tablespoons of water and cover it and cook on medium heat.
Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve.

It is good to use as a side dish and as a stuffing for sandwiches as well. 
Source: My creations

No comments:

Post a Comment